Move the energy out and let the anger go with this Kundalini Yoga kriya. Meditation to Relieve Irritability and Rage also known as Fists of Anger, partners a powerful breath with a vigorous movement and offers you the chance to release disruptive emotions and elevate your energy to a higher state of awareness and compassion.
To do the practice:
- Sit cross-legged, with your eyes closed.
- Touch each thumb to the base of the Mercury (pinky) fingers. Close the rest of your fingers over your thumbs to form fists.
- Raising your arms, begin a backstroke type movement over your head, alternating each side (right/left) as you swing up, over, and back and around again, just like you were doing the backstroke in a swimming pool.
- Through an O-shaped mouth, begin a strong, rhythmic inhale/exhale in sync with your arm movements. The breath becomes a breath of fire through the mouth. Keep your lips in an O shape throughout the meditation.
- Keep the mudra, movement, and breathing continuous and strong. Intentionally think about anything and everything that makes you feel angry, weird, negative, or disoriented. Continue the focus of bringing up anger and negativity throughout the meditation, increasing the movement and breath as you hold the memory.
- Continue this movement for 3 minutes.
- To finish, inhale and suspend your breath, and bring your hands overhead with your arms stretched long, shoulders relaxed and down. Hold the pose, and release the breath. Once more, stretch long as you hold the breath and the posture, then release the breath and the posture.
- Bring your hands to your knees in a meditative pose, and take a long, deep breath. Continue to take long, deep breaths for 1- 3 minutes.
My work views all the elements of being a human—the physical, emotional, and mental—as deeply intertwined… It is from this whole-person perspective that we can best identify the underlying causes of our struggles and empower ourselves to heal.
There are many ways I can help you no matter where you are on your life’s path. Let’s start with my books and the membership program.
The Tribe Inside~A Self Healers’ Circle: https://sarahbrassard.com/tribe-inside/
Inside~ A Guide to the Resources Within, here: https://amzn.to/2ViV1Nw
The companion journal to Inside here: https://amzn.to/2xZdAP0
Learn more here: https://sarahbrassard.com/