Have you ever felt your energy being pulled in many directions?
This is a very common feeling. Detached sensations in the body, mind, and spirit are the main contributors to much of the affliction we feel in life. When our day to day activities speed up, and we haven’t devoted any time to ourselves, we have difficulty identifying what it is we truly need. Feelings of ungroundedness can be frightening. We lose sight of what helps us heal our bodies, focus our minds, and enlivening our spirits.
Discovering ways to reconnect and ground ourselves can heal these scattered tendencies.
When we pay attention to what’s going on around us and inside us we gather a lot of information. We discover what fills us up and what depletes us. Simply asking the question, “How did this situation make me feel?” activates an inner dialogue that helps us grow and heal.
In this practice, notice your life, not as a victim of the circumstances around you but as a steady contributor. We always have a choice as to whether we show up or retreat from our lives. In showing up we move through long-standing discomfort, in retreating, life stays the same. When we cultivate supportive tools to take care of our feelings, we build a sturdy structure that can respond effortlessly to the world around us.
Notice when life feels scattered and fearful, pay attention, and then do something very powerful to respond to those feelings.
- Find a chair or a supported seat and close your eyes. Uncross arms and legs.
- Feel your feet on the ground and any other connection your body has to the earth.
- Ask yourself often, “How did this situation make me feel?”
- If your answer has any negativity in it at all, rather than digging into the details of the event right now, take note of your feelings for another time.
- Shut your eyes for a moment and feel your roots grow, from your feet, and the other places where your body meets the earth.
- Breathe into the image that appears for you. There is no “right” way to do this, go with whatever shows up, let it be a very personal experience.
- Feel yourself connected to the earth, through the sea, a field, a river, a mountain. Imagine roots growing deeply into the earth from the base of your spine or feet. Breathe into these roots and visualize them going deep and wide into the ground.
- There will be plenty of time for resolution of the situation, but for now, find this place and stay there as long as you need to feel grounded in your power once again.
Spend time here, feel the energy of this grounding exercise support and reset your perspective. Grow your roots, stay grounded and soar.
Thank you for reading my posts. I hope you find them supportive, if so, please comment and share. Come with me on this journey of self-care and awareness, set your life in motion.
Sign up for my newsletter, and interact with me on my social media channels, I love hearing from you.
We are in this life together, learning, growing, and healing from one another. Awareness of this truth is the essence of humanity.
Peace on the trail…