A vision board, where you put your vision on paper, is where your thoughts become actions. Your vision board can be about anything. Dream big, indulge yourself in thoughts of love and growth, and visualize what it will feel like when your vision is realized.
Be specific and positive. Put it out there!
Here are some examples:
- “Within three months I’m going to run three miles without stopping.”
- “I will meet the person I share my life with.”
- “I’m going to get that job.”
Continue to build on your vision board and revisit it periodically. That way you can chart your progress and continue to grow in new and unexpected ways.
Creating a Vision Board in 5 Steps:
- Pick up magazines that draw you to them. Then start cutting out images, words, and headlines that make you smile. Gather all your material before you start gluing
- Go through the images and lay out your favorites on the board. Take away any images that no longer feel right, and use your intuition to pin down the images, words, and headlines that feel the best. As you do this, you’ll get a sense of how the board will take shape.
- Start laying the images in a pattern that represents what you’d like to draw into your life. Begin gluing the images, words, headlines, and anything else that feels supportive of your vision. You can write and paint on it too—your vision board is yours to create and manifest.
- This is optional, but a self-affirming step: Leave a space in the center of the board for a beautiful, happy picture of yourself.
- Hang your board in your sacred space, bathroom, or anywhere you’ll see it regularly. Bring your focus to it as often as possible and watch your dreams unfold.