Life can feel very scary when fear overshadows us. Fear is our ego, and when left unattended wreaks havoc on our lives. We may be able to dodge life’s intensity when there are no glaring challenges, but when crisis appears, our reflective practices become our lifeline. In challenging times, we may feel like there is no way out, but there always is! Reach for tools that soothe you and watch what happens. Go to these practices and dedicate yourself to them. Trust that every time you choose a self-care tool, instead of jumping into fear’s black hole, you train your brain to understand that there is a way out of every difficulty.
- Meditate: Learn how to meditate, breathe, and flow with life. Your commitment to the practice will hold your heart when it feels like life is falling out from under you.
- Create practices and rituals for real life: Start a journal, write down your dreams, breathe consciously, create delicious healing recipes, and celebrate a full moon.
- Get close to nature: Take note of what you see on walks in the forest, on the beach, by mountains, rivers, and streams. Let animals be your teacher and guide.
- Express yourself: Write, draw, make music, dance, learn a new language. Notice how you feel when you engage in a creative expression of yourself.
- Understand what makes you happiest: Not in a quick fix kind of way, but in a way that moves you to tears because you are doing exactly what you have come here to do in this lifetime.
- Get to know yourself, and make it a priority: Listen to your body, mind, heart, and spirit. Remember which tools make you feel most comforted, turn these tools into rituals, and practice them often. Consistent practice will give you a feeling of connection and safety. Take faith in your power, dedication, and ability to heal your life.